Engine - build your own working model by UGears
A Peek at a Bygone Era
Wouldn’t it be thrilling to actually travel back in time and witness some of the greatest inventions? For example, the steam engine is one of the most famous innovations in its era, so to see it from up close would be a different experience than just reading about it or seeing pictures. While we don’t have a time machine, we can certainly offer you a mini replacement via this Engine construction kit from UGEARS.
The mechanical kit comprises precision produced parts that are carefully checked and packaged before being delivered, so you can rely on us. If you are passionate about building trains and engines, then this miniature will be a great addition to your collection. The kit can be a great gift for someone who shares your zeal – just present it to them and they will appreciate your thoughtfulness big time. Go ahead and order soon!
- The pneumatic motor is a smaller version of a fully functional model of a steam engine, which is operated by blowing into a specific socket or using a normal air balloon. The heat propels the pneumatic engine and it starts!
- An air pressure tachometer is integrated into the design for correct measurement of working speed.
- No need to wrack your heads about storing spare parts – all you have to do is use the two built-in compartments that offer ample space for those components.
- All parts are made of plywood that enhances longevity – you don’t have to worry about them getting corroded or rusted.
- No drill, screwdriver or any other tool required while assembling. In fact, you don’t need glue as well.
- The steam engine is designed in a vintage style, so you can easily use it as a decorative item in your living room or dining hall.
- Size Model: 6.5*3*3.5in (165*77*90mm)
- Package size: 14.6*6.7*1.2in (37*17*3cm)
- Number of parts: 81
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
This refers to the Tram not the Engine!
This was purchased for my granddaughter. The review is hers. Review for Model <> Although the overall quality of the product was good some parts could have been improved. For example: the cocktail sticks used as splints could be replaced with custom made dowels as the pointed ends had a tendency to snap and break off. Therefore I ran out of the cocktail sticks before I could finish the model. Another part that could have been improved were the instructions as most of the time it was trial and error to get the cogs in the correct position inside the tram thus making them fall out. Lastly the little notice on the back of the tram saying “Staff Only” said “Stuff Only” which was an unfortunate but humorous mistake! On the positive side of things the tram did move smoothly across the rails and I was very impressed that it was only laser cut wood! I enjoyed the project and was a very good way to spend a rainy day!
As a 74year old with years experience of mechanical model building I had high hopes of this model. After building it there was no way even with a tight seal on the balloon and attachment that it was going to drive the engine.