Steam Locomotive - build your own moving model by UGears
The feeling you get at the end of solving a puzzle is indescribable, and that is exactly the sensation you will experience once you complete creating your own version of the UGEARS 460 steam locomotive, described as being both exceptional and realistic.
- Structured as per XIX century engineering with wheels, pistons, spinning gears, and other components designed to resemble its real life replica back then at the time when technical progress was at its peak.
- Attention has been paid to each and every detail, as is evident from the fancy styling and this model having the most parts in the UGEARS range.
- The engine is operated using a lever near the driver’s window, and can be steered up to a distance of 5 meters using the gigantic gearwheel array.
- If you are interested in the mechanism of the good ol’ steam engine, you can take a peek at the asynchronously operating piston and valve inside the model that clearly shows how steam is channeled into the steam chamber.
- The cabin is styled in an authentic fashion that includes an instrument panel and a retractable ladder beneath the door – you can use the roof hatch and tiny doors to look at inside.
- For your convenience, each piece is pre-cut using plywood boards so it is super-easy to snap or snip them out. No glue is needed, so you can say goodbye to sticky fingers!
The package includes an instruction manual so you won’t have any trouble in understanding how to build the locomotive. It is not tough to build it – all you need to do is be a little patient with the model kit and soon you will be able to assemble it perfectly. Won’t this make a lovely gift for your friend’s upcoming birthday? Go right ahead and place your order!
Self-assembly, no glue needed
Model size (Locomotive): 12*3.9*4.9 in (31*10*12 cm)
Model size (Tender): 6.3*3.5*4.5 in (16*9*11 cm)
Package size: 14.6*6.7*1.5 in (37*17*4 cm)
Number of parts: 443
Estimated time for assembly: 10-12 hours
Steam train assembly instruction by Ugears inventor Denis:
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
I find that the tooth picks are not man enough for the smooth operation of the gearing. And I have found that they break after a while and the model needs taking apart in order to replace the tooth picks.
So far have done the chassis and wheels motor and more detail bits to follow
great product and speedy delivery
Speedy response to a query I had. First class service. Great product's Quick delivery
The delivery address was really badly copied with the house number and post code wrong! This resulted in the model being left in a spurious post office sorting bay until I was able to track it down! Can’t give any feedback on the model yet!