Geneva Drive - build your own working model by UGears
Some of you might have guessed it – this item is named after the city of its invention. The Geneva Drive is a popular device in the world of mechanics, and was originally used to manufacture clocks. One of its slots would be blanked off, so the winder could be turned a certain number times – it prevented springs from being wound too tight.
- It works using the same principle of a pneumatic engine where you blow into a special socket or create heat via an ordinary air balloon and the heat powers the device. The model is self-propelled and requires no electricity during operation, which also ups the safety factor when children are using it.
- The Geneva Drive incorporates a playful element in its design – simply blow on the top gear and watch the entire system come set in motion via the air pressure.
- The arrow points to a funny picture that symbolizes a task or chore that you can complete according to your strength or force applied. It works as per the concept of intermittent motion that is used frequently film projectors to move the film on one frame at a time, then hold it stationary as the bright projector light is shined through it.
- The quirky images can transform this item into a décor element in your home or at office to add some color to your workstation.
- All parts are constructed using high quality and environment-friendly plywood that is available in pre-cut form. Just read the instructions and connect them to each other as directed in the manual.
The Geneva Drive – Dynamometer, perhaps ranks on top as one of the fastest models for assembly under the UGEARS label. It is an ideal way to express how mechanics work using the cascading of gears and mechanical junction called the Geneva Drive. Buy it now and we promise you will have a superb time while building it. Ready to order this incredible item?
- Model Size: 5.8*28*6.7 in (147*713*169 mm)
- Package size: 14.6*6.7*1.2 in (37*17*3 cm)
- Number of parts: 48
- Reviews (35)
- Questions (0)
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Satisfying and enjoyable
The Geneva Drive was fun to make, not overly complecated and the resulting model was actually quite impressive. My 14 year old daughter thoroughly enjoyed making it. Only negatives would be the packing is designed to disguise the fact that the box just contains 2 flat pieces of parts and instructions and that on face value it's not cheap. However the enjoyable construction process and finished model make up for it.