Geneva Drive - build your own working model by UGears
Some of you might have guessed it – this item is named after the city of its invention. The Geneva Drive is a popular device in the world of mechanics, and was originally used to manufacture clocks. One of its slots would be blanked off, so the winder could be turned a certain number times – it prevented springs from being wound too tight.
- It works using the same principle of a pneumatic engine where you blow into a special socket or create heat via an ordinary air balloon and the heat powers the device. The model is self-propelled and requires no electricity during operation, which also ups the safety factor when children are using it.
- The Geneva Drive incorporates a playful element in its design – simply blow on the top gear and watch the entire system come set in motion via the air pressure.
- The arrow points to a funny picture that symbolizes a task or chore that you can complete according to your strength or force applied. It works as per the concept of intermittent motion that is used frequently film projectors to move the film on one frame at a time, then hold it stationary as the bright projector light is shined through it.
- The quirky images can transform this item into a décor element in your home or at office to add some color to your workstation.
- All parts are constructed using high quality and environment-friendly plywood that is available in pre-cut form. Just read the instructions and connect them to each other as directed in the manual.
The Geneva Drive – Dynamometer, perhaps ranks on top as one of the fastest models for assembly under the UGEARS label. It is an ideal way to express how mechanics work using the cascading of gears and mechanical junction called the Geneva Drive. Buy it now and we promise you will have a superb time while building it. Ready to order this incredible item?
- Model Size: 5.8*28*6.7 in (147*713*169 mm)
- Package size: 14.6*6.7*1.2 in (37*17*3 cm)
- Number of parts: 48
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
A nice model to look at, but it doesn't work very well. You can turn the system by hand okay but the meshing of the Geneva system needs you to help the alignment on each rotation. Then there is nothing to stop the index from slipping back and being out of mesh again. The diagram suggests you should be able to blow the thing around... which isn't really a possibility.
Stop wasting my time
I bought this for my son in Canada and it is presently making its way across the ocean. \i cannot day anything else
Received very quickly
I have not used the item as I bought it for a present that will be in August but it arrived very quickly so I was very pleased with that.
First class product. Excellent quality materials and instructions. Very satisfying.
This was bought as a Xmas present and the recipient was thrilled. Excellent service and fast delivery. Couldn't be more pleased